Orange County Jiu-Jitsu & MMA provides professional training for fighters competing in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Submission Grappling. We aren’t one of those gyms that hire top level fighters to show their face. We are a team that has proven to produce top level fighters, from white belt to World Champion black belt. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned professional, we provide every aspect of training necessary to get you to the next level.
- MANAGEMENT: Access to professional MMA management that has placed fighters in major organizations including the UFC, WEC, K-1, & Bellator.
- NUTRITION COACH: Access to a nutrition coach who oversees the diet, weight cut, and post-weight cut recovery of several professional MMA fighters and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitors including UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones, UFC top ten Middleweight Brian Stann, UFC top ten Featherweight Dustin Poirier, UFC veteran Keith Jardine and 2x ADCC veteran Mike Fowler. Services offered include weight cutting, weight loss, and performance based nutrition.
At Orange County Jiu-Jitsu, instructors prepare students for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and submission grappling tournaments with team training. Team training focuses on every aspect of grappling necessary to help team members peak for competition. Invite only CheckMat team training is also an extremely valuable tool for preparation and progression, where team members receive direct access to multiple World Champion black belts, who actively contend for world titles.
Marcel Louzado is proud to be a part of Team CheckMat! Team CheckMat has bcome widely known all over the world for producing some of the best martial artists in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. Check-Mat was established in 2008, founded by the head of the team, Leo Vieira. Leo is a long-time friend and coach of Orange County Jiu Jitsu’s instructor Marcel Louzado. Leonard “Leo” Viera has been one of the biggest names in jJiuitus for over a decade, a decorated grappler with 2 ADCC wins and a former BJJ World Champion. Today, although semi-retired from competition, Leo is still with considered one of the “All-Time Greats” in Jiu Jitsu. Check-Mat Jiu Jitsu is one of the top names in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, placing and winning in IBJJF and other major national and international tournaments consistently since its creation. At the present time, team Check-Mat is the 2009 No-Gi World Champion team. Some of Team Check-Mat black belts include: Marcel Louzado, Lucas Leite, Marcela “Lepela” Mafra, Rodrigo Cavaca, Carlos Holanda, Rodrigo Ranieri, Joao Assis. There are many more. Major Team Check-Mat accomplishments are:
International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (IBJJF) Results:
- 2008 No-Gi World Championship – First Place Adult Team
- 2008 Rio International Open Championship – Second Place Adult Team
- 2008 South American Championship – First Place Team
- 2009 Brazilian No-Gi National Championship – Third Place Adult Teamsf
- 2009 European Jiu-Jitsu Championship – First Place Adult Team
- 2009 European Jiu-Jitsu Championship – Second Place Master and Seniors Team
- 2009 European Jiu-Jitsu Championship – First Place Juvenile Team
- 2009 No-Gi World Championships – First Place Team
- 2009 Rio International Open Championship – Second Place Adult Team
- 2009 Rio International Open Championship – Third Place Novice Team
- 2009 World Championship – Third Place Team