Do You Want to Learn Jiu-Jitsu Near Mission Viejo, CA?
Try Our Academy FREE for 30 days!
- ONE ON ONE CONSULTATION
- FREE PRIVATE LESSON
- 60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Practicing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) is very beneficial. It’s also a fun way to work out, get into great shape as well as building your self-confidence. This is also the most practical and quick-to-learn self-defense method there is. Don’t forget that this is a great way to relieve stress after a long and tough day! Each BJJ school is different. When comparing any institution against one another, there’s a difference between the atmosphere, culture and features—and you can always tell the difference between a privately owned BJJ school and a franchise. As you search for a Jiu-Jitsu school in the Mission Viejo, California area, make sure that you look for one that suits you best. Not every school fits everyone, so shop around and find the one that addresses your goals and benefits you hope to gain from Jiu-Jitsu. This page offers ideas and suggestions on how to go about choosing a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy near Misson Viejo, California.
April Frost grappling at OC Jiu-Jitsu near Mission Viejo as Instructor Oliver Haller supervises
- Beginner’s Program: Does the school have a curriculum just for beginners? It’s regrettable, but some dojos just pack students of different levels together. No matter the level—they’re all in the same Jiu-Jitsu class. Therefore, it’s not shocking that new students might feel lost, nervous and intimidated. This may also cause experienced students to become held back technically when training, which delays their progress. A promising beginner’s program always begins at the students’ own intensity level—evaluating their physical fitness experience and helps each individual student learn the most imperative position and techniques to kick off their education of the sport.
- Qualified Instructors: There are good athletes and there are good teachers. You rarely see them come in one package. Make sure that your instructor is qualified with proper teaching credentials. This would include familiarity with a beginner’s program and experience in teaching it. Showing techniques is one thing, but a good instructor must also be able to teach it to novice students. He or she should also be able to teach students the benefits of these techniques outside of training, for example, in self-defense. Has this instructor produced champions and black belts? A good instructor must be able to pass on his knowledge to students who can successfully apply it in competition. Students hoping to compete in Jiu-Jitsu and mixed martial arts should take note of the titles instructors have achieved. The most prominent medals are won at IBJJF, ADCC, and Abu Dhabi Pro Cup tournaments. However, it’s not always about the titles the instructor has won, for students looking for a school with a strong competition team. The most important attribute it what champions has the instructor produced, or high level athletes has he or she coached.
- Free Trial: Nearly all BJJ academies will give you one free class to try out, maybe three days, and if you’re lucky, one week free. Look around for better offers! Keep in mind, there’s a lot to learn, so look around for schools that offer more than a week free. These schools are more willing to take the time to work with you and show you all the benefits and what you can gain from training with them.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: Does the school guarantee the best service and offer a refund if not? Make sure you’re not trapped in a membership contract your first day visiting. You might decide that this type of martial arts isn’t the best for you, or you may decide the school, instructors or other training partners aren’t a good fit. You should be comfortable where you train, and make sure that your choice school guarantees that.
- Team: You may want to train to compete. Search for an academy that is affiliated with a major international champion team. Be sure to ask questions and double-check, because there’s a difference between a paid-affiliate and actually having one of the associations main black belts, teaching at that location. However, if competition is not for you, here at Orange County Jiu-Jitsu & MMA we are not one of the schools who pressures students to compete, if they have other interested such as self-defense, fitness, character building such as self-confidence, discipline, or just to try a fun sport.
Oliver Haller and Benjamin McKenzie wrestling for position in our Advanced Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class at OC Jiu-Jitsu near Mission Viejo, California
Why Orange County Jiu-Jitsu & MMA?
Orange County Jiu-Jitsu & MMA provides three levels of classes, so you can be sure to find the one with the right experience level for you. We offer programs particularly for beginners and programs for experienced and advanced students who are pursuing a black belt and/or championships. We have focused instructors who service to each level—beginners and intermediates, and for more advanced, with instructors who have produced Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
World Champion black belts, and have coached many top ten ranked UFC fighters! One free class is not enough to show you all we have to offer. Join us for a FREE 30 DAY trial and a 60 day money back guarantee. That’s 60 days with nothing to lose! We don’t push students to compete, because we’re all here to learn and have a good time, but that doesn’t mean we can’t help you to win if you want to. This is where we cater to those just looking to have fun and get fit, but also produce competitors who win in tournaments all over the world.
Call 949.951.4796 To Get Started On 30 Days of FREE Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Classes At Our School Near Mission Viejo